Vitamin B2, or riboflavin, is one of the B complex vitamins, essential for human health.
Riboflavin contributes to:
- the maintenance of normal red blood cells.
- the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- normal functioning of the nervous system.
- normal energy-yielding metabolism.
- the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- the maintenance of normal vision.
- the maintenance of normal mucous membranes.
- the maintenance of normal skin.
We included 0.7mg (50% NRV*).
Gobi Gold® mindset is to supplement your daily food intake. You can reach the daily recommended dose by eating:
- 75g of beef steak
- 1 large glass of low-fat milk
Goes well with
- All vitamins from the B complex. Altogether, promote optimal physiological and neurological functioning for body and mind health.
- Studies show that Vitamin B2 affects the absorption and metabolism of iron.
*NRV: Nutrient Reference Values (NRV) according to EU regulation No 1169/2011.
Read the evidence
Kennedy, D. O. (2016). B vitamins and the brain: Mechanisms, dose and efficacy—A review. Nutrients, 8(2). https://doi.org/10.3390/nu8020068
Shi, Zumin & Zhen, Shiqi & Wittert, Gary & Yuan, Baojun & Zuo, Hui & Taylor, Anne. (2014). Inadequate Riboflavin Intake and Anemia Risk in a Chinese Population: Five-Year Follow Up of the Jiangsu Nutrition Study. PloS one. 9. e88862. 10.1371/journal.pone.0088862. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260214113_Inadequate_Riboflavin_Intake_and_Anemia_Risk_in_a_Chinese_Population_Five-Year_Follow_Up_of_the_Jiangsu_Nutrition_Study
Thakur, K., Tomar, S. K., Singh, A. K., Mandal, S., & Arora, S. (2017). Riboflavin and health: A review of recent human research. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 57(17), 3650–3660. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2016.1145104